The Alumni Board’s nomination committee is seeking names of Alumni for consideration for future nominations to the Alumni Board. Alumni are sought who can provide leadership for the activities of the Alumni Association.
The committee wishes to present a slate that appropriately represents and balances the diversity of Saint Meinrad Alumni. Terms are three years with the option to accept another term at the end of the first. The board meets three times a year.
The responsibilities of the Alumni Board of Directors in relation to the alumni are as follows:
- To treasure and affirm the alumni as an important resource for the kingdom, the church and the school.
- To unite the alumni to continue the ongoing spirit and community of Saint Meinrad
- To keep alumni informed of news and special events concerning the life of the school as well as the lives of fellow alumni
- To invite alumni to support the school through prayer, recruitment and financial contributions
The responsibilities of the Alumni Board of Directors in relation to the Seminary and School of Theology are as follows:
- To advise on matters of public image, the impression that Saint Meinrad and its programs make on the wider Church and communities where we reside
- To offer input, as requested, concerning present and future Seminary and School of Theology programs and plans, particularly in the areas of continuing education, recruitment and financial contributions
- To assist the professional staff of the Seminary and School of Theology, as needed, in the execution of strategies for recruitment and financial contributions
- To assist the professional staff in discerning the continuing education needs of diverse alumni constituencies and the wider Church
- To serve as a sounding board, a sympathetic outside resource, from which the Seminary and School of Theology administrators, faculty and staff can elicit candid commentary and advice as needs warrant